Tuesday, March 9, 2010

In Progress:

New projects...

Brickbottom Artists Association Members' Show "Black and White," running from April 18 to May 22, 2010, with extended gallery hours during Somerville Open Studios, May 1 and 2. I'm doing a new work for "Black and White," something spun off of this photo taken in my studio recently:

That's the raw photo, un-retouched, etc., one of a set. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet. Something layered and noir. That's the first George figure that I built for the "Afternoon with George at the Dog Park" installation with Riki Moss, years ago.

The story of the emerging artist George Marcelovitch continues all this time later.

Meanwhile, the development of a book binding style proceeds. I found a fascinating, in a totally nerd way, article about 18th century paper bindings which I'll post in my next entry. Also, I have streamlined the Ordinary notebooks even further, and will post photos when they are ready for the shops.

No comments: